[squid-users] SQUID: cache_dir filling up and squid imploding

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Oct 13 15:42:32 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 13 October 2015 at 16:37:10, Nelson Manuel Marques wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-10-13 at 20:22 +0600, Yuri Voinov wrote:
> >
> > Squid has its own in-memory cache, what's the point to put the disk
> > cache to the same ?!
>
> The problem here isn't the tmpfs, but instead Squid going 20% over the
> max size defined in cache_dir, or am I missing something?

Have you read:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid
"What cache_dir size should I use?"

20% extra may be more than you were expecting, but it's not ridiculous.

Antony.

--
#define SIX 1+5
#define NINE 8+1

int main() {
    printf("%d\n", SIX * NINE);
}
	- thanks to ECB for bringing this to my attention

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.