[squid-users] Install squid problems

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Oct 1 14:17:08 UTC 2015

On 2/10/2015 12:25 a.m., S.Kirschner wrote:
> I think the easiest way for you is to install squid3 via apt-get install
> squid3.
>
> It isnt the version 3.5.9 but is 3.5.8.

On Ubuntu it is 3.3.8 still. One needs to upgrade to Debian Testing
repositories for more up to date software.

sawa;
1) your post is not getting responded to until now because you are not
subscribed to the mailing list. Nabble web interface is just a output
display unless you subscribe to the mailing list.

2) that tutorial was outdated a week before it was published. Debian
packages are available since early Aug. The .debs source pkgs can be
used to build a 3.5.7 .deb binary package for your system to install,
including all integration scripts Debian and Ubuntu need.