[squid-users] Can not pass Squid basic authentication

birbird birbird at qq.com
Thu Oct 1 09:41:36 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have setup basic authentication for Squid, but I can not get passed from browser, just asked to inpu user/password time and time again.

I was stuck at, the command
/usr/lib64/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/squid_passwd
dose not give any output. I think it means squid can not get the authentication info. But I have no idea what to do next.

I create my password by
htpasswd -d /etc/squid/squid_passwd dan

My squid config is
auth_param basic program /usr/lib64/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/squid_passwd
acl ncsa_users proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow ncsa_users

Could anyone please tell what's wrong with this.
Any help will be highly appreciated!