[squid-users] missing icap respmod request when the web object is found in the cache?

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Nov 30 23:51:31 UTC 2015

On 11/30/2015 09:59 AM, Giray Simsek wrote:

> Is there a way to tell squid to send the Respmod request to the icap
> server in the case when the requested html page is found in the
> cache?

Squid supports two common ICAP "vectoring points": pre-cache REQMOD and
pre-cache RESPMOD. To do what you want, you need post-cache RESPMOD.
Squid (and most popular proxies AFAICT) does not support that vectoring
point.

There is a steady but small trickle of post-cache RESPMOD (and
post-cache REQMOD!) support requests, so this feature may eventually be
added, but it is quite a difficult project so I doubt it will happen any
time soon.

Cheers,