[squid-users] Looking for ideas on how to use squid in order to protect against a DOS\DDOS.

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Nov 30 19:19:08 UTC 2015

I was wondering if someone have a nice idea on how to use squid to
protect against DOS\DDOS http\https attacks.

The basic way I was thinking is rate limiting by counting the client IP
page HITs but I am unsure about it since it can actually catch the good
guys and bite my squid setup.

The other way I was thinking was some kind of a challenge like a captcha
page.

Also I have seen something like JavaScript browser challenge being used.

What do you think would be the right choice?

If you have another idea please send me or the list an email.

Thanks,
Eliezer