[squid-users] Strange problem with italian educational website

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Nov 30 12:57:21 UTC 2015

On 1/12/2015 1:27 a.m., Job wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am writing because, with Squid 3.4.4 (i use it in production), i cannot use a website (used in Schools!):
>
> http://bandidgstudente.it/it/home-page/
>
> I have lots of server-side error, and i thought it was a problem with remote webserver.

It is. You should contact the site admin and report this. They are
exposing parts of their internal database and code.

> If i disable transparent proxy and i nat connection, the website works fine!

NAT interception is actually not transparent. The server still receives
and can see the proxy in HTTP messages.

Whoever wrote that website script appears to know just enough about the
proxy X-Forwarded-For headers to try using them to get the end-client
IP. But not enough to succeed.

You can use this to work around it for now:
  forwarded_for transparent