[squid-users] Issue when accessing a web page on an Apache Server with authentification.

Sebastien.Boulianne at cpu.ca Sebastien.Boulianne at cpu.ca
Fri Nov 27 18:32:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

A user want to access a page at http://ibistro-xxxxx.reseaubiblio.ca/formulaires/commande/admin/index.php.
This is a web page hosted on an Apache server with a basic authentification (password file created with the command htpasswd).

If I access this page locally, I enter the login/pass and the access is grant.
If I access this page from external, I enter the login/pass and the access seem refused and I got the message on my browser but no error in Squid.
« Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required. »

My squid config look like :
### iBistro XXXXXXX:80
cache_peer ibistro-xxxxxx.reseaubiblio.ca parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=ibistroxxxxxxx
acl ibistroxxxxxxxacl dstdomain ibistro-xxxxxxx.reseaubiblio.ca
http_access allow www80 ibistroxxxxxxxacl
cache_peer_access ibistroxxxxxxx allow www80 ibistroxxxxxxxacl
cache_peer_access ibistroxxxxxxx deny all

How can I fix this issue ?

Thanks

Sébastien Boulianne