[squid-users] TCP-MISS 503 for wrong destination ip

Ahmad Alzaeem ahmed.zaeem at netstream.ps
Tue Nov 24 12:34:51 UTC 2015

Well , what I have done is :

I configured squid http_port xx and http_port xxy intercept

And uses iptables to redirect http & https to squid ports

But it don’t work and I have logs :

1448121527.423      10.1.1.1 TCP_MISS/503 4183 GET http://cnn.com/ - ORIGINAL_DST/10.159.144.206 text/html
1448121554.217      10.1.1.1 TCP_MISS/503 4771 GET http://cnn.com/ - ORIGINAL_DST/10.159.144.206 text/html
1448121555.574      10.1.1.1 TCP_MISS/503 4685 GET http://cnn.com/favicon.ico - ORIGINAL_DST/10.159.144.206 text/html

As u see the ds tip is wrong and its spoofed with 10.159.144.206

So how to let squid bypass checking it ?

Is my way above wrong ?

U say we need proxy mode ??

How should I implement proxy mode since user will not put ip:port in his browser

Thanks a lot for helping

cheers