[squid-users] Squid3.x have issue with some sites, squid2.x not.

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Nov 24 02:27:43 UTC 2015

On 24/11/2015 1:56 p.m., Beto Moreno wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I have face some issue with Squid Cache: Version 3.4.10.
>
> Example this site:
>
> www.salud.gob.mx
> www.issemym.gob.mx
>
> I cannot access this site.
>
> Now, I have a other installation running squid 2.7.x, in that network
> I can access those without any issue.

3.x has HTTP/1.1 support, 2.x is HTTP/1.0-only.
3.4 has about 12 years of code development difference to 2.7.
It is no surprise when they act different (good or bad).

> With squid 3.x I got this error in logs:
>
> The error log is: TCP_MISS_ABORTED/000.

That is not an error, that is a log field value that says "the client
disconnected before anything was delivered to it."

The rest of the line taht you omitted contains more data critical to
explaining or understanding the situation.

> U wait for the browser and after a while u get:
>
> Operation timed out
>
> I have check my squid settings but don't see any parameter that could affect:

<snip>
> Can someone help debuging this issue?

Maybe. Not with the info provided so far.

It is easier to work with just your squid.conf settings (the set of
things you added/changed from default behaviour), not the full squid
internal state of the config.

Also the full access.log line(s) and any cache.log entries.