[squid-users] Store-ID documentation could be a little clearer.

1508 1508 at notleb.com
Sun Nov 22 20:17:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to get Store-ID working after Amos suggested it was the correct
way to do something.

I have been struggling to work out how to use the database mentioned on the
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID#Available_Helpers
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID#Available_Helpers>

I'm using Fedora23.

I can't see anything in the /usr/share/doc/squid/squid.conf.documented as a
clue to enable the helper.

I eventually found the store_id_rewrite file at
/usr/lib64/squid/store_id_rewrite

I guessed I had to put a database file somewhere so I chose
/etc/squid/squid/store_id_rewrite.conf

I did more research and eventually found on a different web site I need to
add this to squid.conf

Please could I suggest that  something to the effect of  be added to the
Store_id_rewrite file? And a note the gap in the database is a TAB?

I would volenteer to write a few paragraphs for the WIKI pages or
documentation if somebody cleverer than me can check it and put it in the
right place it for me.

Best wishes.
Terry.

(Give yourself a smug smile if you find a spelling mistake, my screen reader
is used to my Typonese and my seeing eye dog can't proof read.)