[squid-users] file descriptors leak

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sun Nov 22 18:25:38 UTC 2015

Hey Andre,

There are couple things to the picture.
It's not only squid that is the "blame".
It depends on what your OS tcp stack settings are.
To verify couple things you can try to use the netstat tool.
run the command "netstat -nto" to see what is the timers status.
You can then see how long will a new connection stay in the established
state.
It might be the squid settings but if the client is not there it could
be because of some tcp tunable kernel settings.

In any case a Linux machine can handle up to ... very very high number
of open connections idle or not so in a case you are starting to run out
of them try to upper the limit by 50% or even 100% and monitor your
machine netstat for abnormal too long connections.

All The Bests,
Eliezer