[squid-users] 回复:Re: 回复:Re: Help, long response_time(2_seconds)_in_squid!

徐永健 yongjianchn at sina.com
Thu Nov 19 09:18:07 UTC 2015

Hi, Amos:
Thank you for your help!
My squid is 3.5.11 without any patch. The downloaded it from http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.5/squid-3.5.11.tar.bz2 about two weeks ago.

--------------------------------

----- 原始邮件 -----
发件人:Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz>
收件人:squid-users at lists.squid-cache.org
主题:Re: [squid-users] 回复:Re: Help, long response_time(2_seconds)_in_squid!
日期:2015年11月18日 18点14分

On 18/11/2015 8:00 p.m., 徐永健 wrote:
> Hi, Eliezer:
> Thanks!
> I just solved this problem.Things are as follows:
> The hostname is S-LAB-53, and I saw WANINGS in cache.log.
>
> 2015/11/18 11:16:52 kid1| WARNING: 'S-LAB-53' rDNS test failed: (2) No such file or directory
>
> 2015/11/18 11:16:52 kid1| WARNING: Could not determine this machines public hostname. Please configure one or set 'visible_hostname'

> So I changed '127.0.0.1 localhost' to '127.0.0.1 localhost S-LAB-53' in
> '/etc/hosts' and restart squid. Then, the 2 seconds response time
> problem gone.
>
> But the root cause is still unknown. :(
Some requests just take time. In this case probably the time it takes
for DNS to figure out that "S-LAB-53" is not a DNS registered
Fully-Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
It is important that a proxy visible_hostname be configured with (or
able to auto-detect) its public FQDN. Since that FQDN is used to
construct URLs that get emitted to external clients in some messages.
This happens in all proxy types, but has somewhat higher visibility in
reverse-proxy / CDN.
PS. I have been doing some updates in the client connection handling and
managed yesterday to replicate the behaviour of seeing _ABORTED on every
request. Do you happen to be patching your Squid in the client_side*.cc
code files? if so the patch is probably broken/incorrect.
 If not, what is the output of "squid -v" from your proxy?