[squid-users] Use wss over squid

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Nov 17 19:27:55 UTC 2015

On 17/11/2015 10:16 p.m., Alexander Rottinghaus wrote:
> Dear squid users,
> we have a website that uses a persistent wss-connection to provide large amounts
> of data to our cutomers. The company of one of our cutomers uses squid in their
> network. Is there any way that our customers can use our website over their
> squid proxy?

If the software at the client end is able to perform HTTP CONNECT
messages properly to initiate the WSS over an HTTP tunnel, then they
should have no problem using your service in that way.

Squid does not support native WebSockets traffic though, so does not
perform the Upgrade on other request methods. The current stable
releases also do not do port 443 interception of WSS, though the Squid-4
beta has a non-HTTPS bypass feature that might let it work.