[squid-users] Fwd: NTLM LDAP authentication problem
Eugene M. Zheganin
emz at norma.perm.ru
Mon Nov 16 15:48:41 UTC 2015
On 16.11.2015 19:51, Matej Kotras wrote:
> Thank you for your response, as this is my first try with Squid, and
> fairly newb in Linux.
> I do not understand at all differences between basic/ntlm/gss-spnego
> auths so I will do my homework and read about them. I've managed to
> get this working after few weeks of "trial and error" method (I know,
> I know, but I gotta start somewhere rite) following multiple guides.
The usual issue with all those copy/paste tutorials is that they tend to
teach how to do everything at once, instead of moving from simple things
to more difficult ones. This order of simplicity/difficulty is the
- adding Basic authentication, all authenticated users are authorized to
- adding NTLM authentication, all authenticated users are authorized to
- adding group-based authorization, authenticated users are authorized
to use proxy basing on the group membership, using simple helper like
- adding GSS-SPNEGO authentication
- adding full-fledged GSS-SPNEGO group authorization helper.
You can try my article,
http://squidquotas.hq.norma.perm.ru/squid-auth.shtml. Though it's not
perfect and still lacks two last steps, at least it tries to follow that
More information about the squid-users