[squid-users] Active Directory Authentication failing at the browser

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Mon Nov 16 14:19:19 UTC 2015

Hi.

On 16.11.2015 18:46, dolson at ihcrc.org wrote:

> Squid Version:  Squid 3.4.8
>
> OS Version:  Debian 8 (8.2)
>

> I have installed Squid on a server using Debian 8 and seem to have the
> basics operating, at least when I start the squid service, I have am
> no longer getting any error messages.  At this time, the goal is to
> authenticate users from Active Directory and log the user and the
> websites they are accessing.
>

> The problem I am having is, when I set Firefox 35.0.1 on my Windows 7
> workstation to use the Squid proxy, I am getting the log in page
> (image below).
>

> imap://emz@mail.norma.perm.ru:143/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX/maillists/squid-users%3E58459?header=quotebody&part=1.1.2&filename=image001.png
>

> I have tried entering my user name in various form EXAMPLE/USERID,
> USERID, EXAMPLE/ADMINISTRATOR, ADMINISTRATOR and the password and I
> have not had a successful at this time.
>

> I have attached the squid.conf, smb.conf, krb5.conf, and access.log
> files for review.  If you would like to see the cache.log file, please
> contact me as the file is too large to include in this post.

I suggest you first make Basic and NTLM working with active directory,
and only then, having these 2 schemes working, you move to the
GSS-SPNEGO scheme. This is because GSS-SPNEGO scheme is overcomplicated
and difficult to debug, as it uses lots of components and can fall apart
easily on any stage.

Eugene.