[squid-users] affinity session load balancing

Patrick Chemla patrick.chemla at performance-managers.com
Mon Nov 16 09:35:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am using squid for years, maybe with basic features, and I have a
problem today with an app where I need to manage multiple backends, be
sure that a user is always sent to the same one because the app writes
on local disk, and I have 80% users coming from same IP.

So I need to load balance, not on the soucre IP, and I can't have a
login on squid to identify each user, because it will create a double
connexion procedure with the application login.

Is there a way that squid will recognize a new connexion, maybe same IP,
and load balnace it to any backend using round-robin? some affinity
session load balancing?

Thanks
Patrick