[squid-users] sslBump adventures in enterprise production environment

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Mon Nov 16 06:00:00 UTC 2015

Hi.

On 16.11.2015 00:14, Yuri Voinov wrote:

> It's common knowledge. Squid is unable to pass an unknown protocol on
> the standard port. Consequently, the ability to proxy this protocol does
> not exist.
>
> If it was simply a tunneling ... It is not https. And not just
> HTTP-over-443. This is more complicated and very marginal protocol.

I'm really sorry to tell you that, but you are perfectly wrong. These
non-HTTPS tunnels have been working for years. And this isn't JTTPS
because of:

# openssl s_client -connect login.icq.com:443
CONNECTED(00000003)
34379270680:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol:/usr/src/secure/lib/libssl/../../../crypto/openssl/ssl/s23_clnt.c:782:
---
no peer certificate available
---
No client certificate CA names sent