[squid-users] File rotation problem

VerĂ³nica Ovando vero.ovando at live.com
Wed Nov 11 12:25:56 UTC 2015

Hi. I need to set up correctly mi logfiles rotation.

I am using logrotate with this configuration in /etc/logrotate.d/squid3:

/var/log/squid3/access.log {
          maxsize 50M
          daily
          compress
          delaycompress
          rotate 5
          missingok
          notifempty
          create 0640 proxy proxy
          sharedscripts
          postrotate
                  test ! -e /var/run/squid3.pid || test ! -x
/usr/sbin/squid3 || /usr/sbin/squid3 -k rotate
          endscript
  }

  /var/log/squid3/cache.log {
          maxsize 50M
          daily
          compress
          delaycompress
          rotate 5
          missingok
          notifempty
          create 0640 proxy proxy
          sharedscripts
          postrotate
                  test ! -e /var/run/squid3.pid || test ! -x
/usr/sbin/squid3 || /usr/sbin/squid3 -k rotate
          endscript
  }

In my /etc/crontab.daily logrotate is present.

In my squid.conf file logfile_rotate is set to 0.

My files are growing very quickly, they are more than 50 MB of size
(some of them more than 2 GB). I have to execute manually squid3 -k
rotate for the log rotation.

Any help to resolve this problem will be appreciated.