[squid-users] Fwd: Re: HTTP 503 error in squid proxy server

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Nov 7 11:53:05 UTC 2015

On Saturday 07 November 2015 at 12:48:09, Antony Stone wrote:

> This reply came to my private address.
>
> Forwarding to the list.

Okay, let me re-phrase my question then:

Do you get the same intermittent problems if you tell the client java
Application to connect to the site directly without using Squid?

> > > 10.xx.xx.xx - - [01/Nov/2015:03:44:33 +0900] "CONNECT
> > xxxx.xxxx.xxx.io:443
> > > HTTP/1.1" 503 0 "-" "Javaa/1.7.0_71" TCP_MISS:DIRECT
> > > xxxx.xxxx.xxx.io:443 is ELB (Internet-Facing Load Balancer) DNS name.
> >
> > Do you have access to that machine, to see what its logs show about the
> > incoming requests, and the responses it generates?

What is the answer to the above question?

	?

> > > My addition squid config is the following.
> > >
> > > visible_hostname unknown
> > > strip_query_terms off
> > > acl NOCACHE src all
> > > cache deny NOCACHE
> >
> > Please show all of your squid.conf, omitting comments and blank lines.
>
> My squid config file is attached.
>
> > > What could be considered the cause?
> >
> > Temporary failure on the content server?
>
> Yes. temporary failure.

No, I meant that there could genuinely be a temporary failure on the content
server, which results in the HTTP/503 error.  Nothing Squid can do about that
(especially since you're not using it in caching mode - what are you using it
for?)

> ----------  Forwarded Message Ends  ----------

Please send all replies to the list.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Software development can be quick, high quality, or low cost.

The customer gets to pick any two out of three.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.