[squid-users] HTTP 503 error in squid proxy server

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Nov 7 08:36:13 UTC 2015

On Saturday 07 November 2015 at 09:30:04, 聡司蛭田 wrote:

> Dear
>
> I have question about HTTPS communication through Squid Proxy Server.
>
> HTTP 503 error frequency occurs.

Does it also occur if you point your browser directly at the site, not via
Squid?

> 10.xx.xx.xx - - [01/Nov/2015:03:44:33 +0900] "CONNECT xxxx.xxxx.xxx.io:443
> HTTP/1.1" 503 0 "-" "Javaa/1.7.0_71" TCP_MISS:DIRECT
>
> xxxx.xxxx.xxx.io:443 is ELB (Internet-Facing Load Balancer) DNS name.

Do you have access to that machine, to see what its logs show about the
incoming requests, and the responses it generates?

> Squid cache is disable.

So, what are you using it for?

> My addition squid config is the following.
>
> visible_hostname unknown
> strip_query_terms off
> acl NOCACHE src all
> cache deny NOCACHE

Please show all of your squid.conf, omitting comments and blank lines.

> What could be considered the cause?

Temporary failure on the content server?

Regards,

Antony.

--
Salad is what food eats.