[squid-users] "NF getsockopt(SO_ORIGINAL_DST)" filling cache.log due to AWS ELB healthchecks

John Smith burnncrashnow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 17:58:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just to close the loop on this issue, I worked offline with Amos.  He was
able to help me to eliminate all the noise from cache.log, but only for
http traffic, not both http and https traffic using the same port, so I
ended up using my original configuration.  Amos indicated that I would need
to have http and https on different ports to make this work properly, but I
can't make that change.

My end result is that the AWS ELB healthcheck traffic is now pointed to a
different port so it does not get logged as 'noise' in cache.log, but every
single squid request still gets logged as 'noise'.  Still quite an
improvement.

Thanks Amos and Eliezer for reaching out!
John