[squid-users] Banner Insertation

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Nov 4 10:20:44 UTC 2015

On 4/11/2015 10:31 p.m., Fahimeh Ashrafy wrote:
> Hello
> I am new member of this mailing list. is it possible to
> insert banner by c-icap? could you please help how to start?

What is the law in your country about taking somebody elses copyrighted
property, altering it, then re-publishing without their permission?

If you have to inject advertising into your clients data streams the
best practice method is to carefully select HTML requests and redirect
them with 302 to a different URL where your advertising is displayed.
Then allow them to continue their regular use after it has been visited.

That can be done in squid.conf with just some ACLs for request selection
and the provided session helper in active mode.

This is also Squid mailing list, not a C-ICAP mailing list or help forum.