[squid-users] TOS squid-3.5.0.4

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun May 31 23:45:59 UTC 2015

On 31/05/2015 11:38 p.m., Marcel Fossua wrote:
> Hi All
> let see if some of you can help me troubleshoot the issue I have with
> squid-3.5.0.4

Please upgrade. 3.5.5 was released the other day, and Eliezer has new
CentOS 6/7 packages available already.

> on centos 6.6 configure with tproxy
> in fact the issue is relate to qos stuff  i just set things according to
> manual
>
> qos_flows tos local-hit=0x30
> qos_flows mark local-hit=0x30
> qos_flows tos sibling-hit=0x31
> qos_flows mark sibling-hit=0x31
> qos_flows tos parent-hit=0x32
> qos_flows mark parent-hit=0x32

As the manual states only the TOS values in multiples of 4 are available
for use. The final two bits in the TOS field are used by the TCP ECN
feature. You should be seeing log warnings as Squid masks away those 0x1
/ 0x2 bits to produce a valid DiffServ value.