[squid-users] Conditional question

James Lay jlay at slave-tothe-box.net
Sat May 30 22:24:00 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-05-31 at 08:45 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> On 31/05/2015 4:48 a.m., James Lay wrote:
> > Per the docs:
> >
> > #  Conditional configuration
> > #
> > #       If-statements can be used to make configuration directives
> > #       depend on conditions:
> > #
> > #           if <CONDITION>
> > #               ... regular configuration directives ...
> > #           [else
> > #               ... regular configuration directives ...]
> > #           endif
> > #
> > #       The else part is optional. The keywords "if", "else", and
> > "endif"
> > #       must be typed on their own lines, as if they were regular
> > #       configuration directives.
> > #
> > #       NOTE: An else-if condition is not supported.
> > #
> > #       These individual conditions types are supported:
> > #
> > #           true
> > #               Always evaluates to true.
> > #           false
> > #               Always evaluates to false.
> > #           <integer> = <integer>
> > #               Equality comparison of two integer numbers.
> >
> > Anyone have any examples, documentation, heck ANYTHING that can show how
> > this works?  I can't seem to find a thing besides the above.
>
> Those are for process controls (SMP, named services, etc).
>
> >  My goal is
> > something like the below:
> >
> > if port = 80
> >     http_access deny all
> > else
> >     http_access allow all
> > endif
> >
> > But nothing I'm trying as the condition expression is working.  Thank
> > you.
>
> The default Squid configuration should "just work"...
>
>   http_access deny !Safe_ports
>   http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_Ports
>   # this one permits the CONNECT *:443 requests to get bumped
>   http_access allow localnet
>   ..
>   http_access deny all
>
> If you are using any other access controls on your client traffic you
> need to keep in mind that Squid is dealing with "CONNECT raw-IP:443 ..."
> requests in http_access / adapted_http_access / url_rewrite_access /
> adaptation_access / ssl_bump prior to bumping them.
>
> Amos

Hi again Amos,

So...my method of access control might be weird.  I have a regex list of
sites that work fine via http (say \.acer\.com).  So, I allow access to
this list via:

acl allowed_http_sites url_regex "/opt/etc/squid/http_url.txt
http_access allow allowed_http_sites
http_access deny !allowed_http_sites

This works well for allowing access to the list of sites....the lack of
http_access allow localnet makes this happen.  With the above however,
ssl_bumping stops working as I get:

[16:18:22 jlay at powerbook:~/test$ wget
--ca-certificate=/etc/ssl/certs/sslsplit_ca_cert.pem -d
https://www.msn.com
DEBUG output created by Wget 1.16 on linux-gnu.

URI encoding = ‘UTF-8’
--2015-05-30 16:19:46--  https://www.msn.com/
Certificates loaded: 173
Resolving www.msn.com (www.msn.com)... 204.79.197.203
Caching www.msn.com => 204.79.197.203
Connecting to www.msn.com (www.msn.com)|204.79.197.203|:443...
connected.
Created socket 4.
Releasing 0x10c3ef98 (new refcount 1).
The certificate's owner does not match hostname ‘www.msn.com’

May 30 16:19:46 analysis squid: 192.168.1.73 - - [30/May/2015:16:19:46
-0600] "CONNECT 204.79.197.203:443 HTTP/1.1" - 200 0
TCP_DENIED:HIER_NONE peek

Adding http_access alllow localnet makes ssl_bumping work correctly, but
then the http_access deny !allowed_http_sites does not work.  I'm having
a hard time getting both http and https filtering to play well together
with one instance of squid.  I'd like to try and just go with one, but
if I have to I'll go with two.  Anyway thanks again for looking...I hope
I'm explaining this well.

James