[squid-users] It is possible using squid to cache YouTube ?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri May 29 07:56:15 UTC 2015

On Friday 29 May 2015 at 09:44:51 (EU time), Ibrahim Lubis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My freind asked why dont we cache youtube? In 2014 i read a website page
> about how to caching youtube using squid lusca, and later in comment
> section the author said the method not work anymore so I wonder it is
> possible to cache YouTube using squid ? For what I know it is impossible
> cause https and new google video mechanism is 2014.

Please see the recent thread on this list, starting with
http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2015-May/003717.html

http://lists.squid-cache.org/pipermail/squid-users/2015-May/003725.html in
particular may help you in the direction of a working solution.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.