[squid-users] Alternative ways of tracking users on unauthenticated proxy

Mr J Potter jpotter833 at because.org.uk
Tue May 26 12:07:27 UTC 2015

OK - got it working...

added the lines:

external_acl_type userlookup ttl=60 concurrency=1 %SRC
/opt/squid354/libexec/ext_sql_session_acl -dsn DBI:mysql:database=pf --user
root --password xxx --table  currentUsers --uidcol ip  --usercol uid
--tagcol ip --persist
acl userlookup external userlookup
http_access allow localnet userlookup
http_access allow localnet

Now I get this in my logfiles:
10.15.228.12 - 0001 [26/May/2015:12:56:23 +0100] "POST
http://www.bing.com/fd/ls/lsp.aspx HTTP/1.1" 204 391 TCP_MISS:ORIGINAL_DST

I'll write all this up somewhere, as variations on what I have here is what
people are always asking for:
- Users log in via a web page, not a 407 popup box
- Authenticates to AD
- Users are filtered depending on who they are (via squidGuard)
- Logs activity against users
- logs them all off at a particular time
- No proxy settings (intercept HTTP+HTTPS)

thanks,

Jim Potter
Network Manager
Oasis Brislington (formerly Brislington Enterprise College)