[squid-users] Squid cache youtube and other websites

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Mon May 25 11:27:20 UTC 2015

Look, Ma. ;) I'm a LumberJack :))))))

http://i.imgur.com/NGn6Ao4.png
http://i.imgur.com/Uz0zXut.png

Note, that Youtube now uses QUIC protocol (especially in Chrome), which
cannot be processed by Squid ever.

To cache Youtube, you must solve two tasks:
1. Completely force clients use HTTP/HTTPS for YT.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/Block%20QUIC%20protocol

2. Configure and tune _correct_ SSL Bump.
3. Configure and refine Store ID feature.

All of this above is know-how partially or completely. ;)

WBR, Yuri