[squid-users] Squid cache youtube and other websites

dan at getbusi.com dan at getbusi.com
Mon May 25 06:51:57 UTC 2015

Firstly, I think the biggest roadblocks you’re going to hit with caching YouTube are:

1) It’s all encrypted now (thanks Google). Squid can’t cache what it can’t see inside an SSL tunnel.

2) They have a pretty intense CDN which you’ll need a StoreID helper to deal with.

There are people on this list that know way more about it than me though, so I’ll let them explain how they do it.