[squid-users] url_rewrite_extras - not getting data excepted

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri May 22 13:14:04 UTC 2015

On 23/05/2015 12:59 a.m., Patrick wrote:
> Thanks for looking at this, Amos.  Unfortunately, I am still seeing the
> same result with the squid-3.5.4-20150522-r13836 daily.
>
> I was thinking I might just being seeing what's described at
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/url_rewrite_extras/ as "In practice,
> a %macro expands as a dash (-) if the helper request is sent before the
> required macro information is available to Squid."  But I guess if that was
> the case I would have expected to see the dash only on the first request
> with the subsequent requests returning the %ue value at least within the
> ttl.  But I get just the dash on every request.

No, you should be getting the value from the user=X kv-pair produced by
the helper on every request. The bug fixed by Nathan was that only the
first was and the rest wrongly got "-".

If you are getting it on absolutely all requests it would seem the
helper is not producing user=X.

Or possibly ICAP is stripping it away again by creating a new "adapted"
request. If that is the case use the external_acl_type helper in the
adapted_http_access checks instead of http_access.