[squid-users] url_rewrite_extras - not getting data excepted

Patrick pkryon at gmail.com
Thu May 21 16:10:30 UTC 2015

Hello,

I think I'm having a problem with the url_rewrite_extras function.  I'm
using version 3.5.3. I've been trying to use the %ue macro to send the
user= returned by my external_acl_type program.  But when I look at
the url_rewrite_program output I just get a "-" value for this macro.

Example:

Summarized config:

external_acl_type idbf_user ttl=30 %SRC /opt/idbf-dev/idbf_squid_ext_acl.py

acl idbf_allowed external idbf_user # authenticated users from external acl

http_access allow idbf_allowed
http_access deny all

url_rewrite_access  idbf_allowed
url_rewrite_extras "un: %un ue: %ue ul: %ul ui: %ui"
url_rewrite_program /usr/bin/tee -a /var/log/squid3/redir_tmp.log

redir_tmp.log:

http:// <http://www.ipchicken.com/>www.ipchicken.com/
<http://www.ipchicken.com/> un: - ue: - ul: - ui: -

But I do see my external acl user as excepted in access.log:

1432219189.592     40 172.20.15.235 TCP_MISS/404 509 GET http://
<http://www.ipchicken.com/>www.ipchicken.com/ <http://www.ipchicken.com/>
user@ <user at example.com>example.com <user at example.com> HIER_DIRECT/
209.68.27.16 text/html

Does anyone see anything I might have mis-configured or am I just not
understanding how this should work?

Thanks!

Patrick