[squid-users] Storage mem in 3.5.4, not sure what is happening

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed May 20 04:53:33 UTC 2015

On 20/05/2015 3:41 a.m., Sebastian Goicochea wrote:
> Hello everyone, we're having a problem, we updated from squid 3.5.3 to
> 3.5.4 (bellow are the configuration options) and enabled rock fs.
>
> The problem that arose is that I don't know if objects are being stored
> in RAM, but what I do know is that there are no MEM_HITs in the
> access.log file
>

> This is how I enabled rock:
> cache_dir rock  /cache/rock  512  max-size=32768
>

> This is what I get from squidclient:

Whats the "Start Time" information displayed at the top of that report?
 and does it remain unchanged across many minutes?

I suspect that with no memory hits and sine 5min == 60min hits your
Squid may be in a cycle of crashes or assertions.

NOTE: to enable rock and other SMP features you need /var/run/squid and
/dev/shm to exist. Some OS seem not to create or mount them by default.