[squid-users] squid does not send cached object to an icap-server

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue May 19 09:22:50 UTC 2015

On 19/05/2015 9:04 p.m., Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 19/05/2015 8:36 p.m., Stefan Kuegler wrote:
>>
>> Will the RESPMOD POSTCACHE vectoring point be available in future
>> versions of squid?
>>

> Unkown at this point. Its a lot of work and extra complexity we are
> generally trying to avoid adding.
>
> However, Alex Rousskov from Measurement Factory put a project proposal
> to squid-dev mid last year and I've not hear anything since. If its
> seriously important for you I suggest getting in touch with him about
> sponsoring it.

PS. You could achieve the same thing using two proxies. One to cache and
one to AV scan.

Something much like this:

workers 2

# frontend worker (proxy)
if ${process_number} = 1
 http_port 3128
 cache_peer localhost parent 8080 0 no-query
endif

# backend worker (cache)
if ${process_number} = 2
 http_port localhost:8080
 visible_hostname backend.local
 forwarded_for transparent
 # traffic is expected only to come from the other worker
 http_access deny !localhost

 cache_dir ...
 # config specific to the caching

endif
# shared config, including the RESPMOD pre-cache AV scanning callouts.