[squid-users] How to cache Chrome Installer ?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue May 19 06:58:33 UTC 2015

On 19/05/2015 8:58 a.m., Stakres wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has someone of you already cached this object ?
> *http://r8---sn-n4g-jqbe.gvt1.com/edgedl/chrome/win/776B03BEAFB2810D/42.0.2311.152_chrome_installer.exe*

I get a 15min cacheable 302 response from that.

> I know this is a dynamic object provided by Google, we tried with the
> StoreID by not yet able to get a TCP_HIT from Squid.
> If any idea, let me/us know, thanks in advance.

Are you perhapse looking at your logs with out query strings?
 That cacheable 302 I mentioned redirects to itself with lots of extra
CMS query string parameters.

Following that redirect dumps out a program binary with "Vary: *" which
changes per request. If you look at the chrome installer itself the
application binary contains per-user embeded code and "stuff". So no its
not cacheable.

The only cacheable part of this is the 302 response.