[squid-users] Need help debugging my squid configuration

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu May 14 04:34:24 UTC 2015

On 14/05/2015 1:16 p.m., Jose Torres-Berrocal wrote:
> Source from squid repository does not come directly compatible with
> the OS.  Source from Ubuntu repository is made compatible to the OS.
>
> It has a folder call debian which has a file called rules which in
> term is used with the configure script for the compile options.
>
> What file or script do I have to change in the squid repository source
> to be able to use the debian/rules file?

The debian/ folder contents for 3.3 are much different from the ones
needed for other Squid versions.

You are better off using the instructions at:
 <http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/Ubuntu>
to compile and install a new Squid binary. Like this command line:
  ./configure (the options needed) && make install