[squid-users] Squid as transparent in 'caching layer'

Ibrahim Lubis baim.lubis at gmail.com
Sun May 10 06:31:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

Most of all know about tiered network
topology(access,aggregation/dist,core) from core than to firewall and then
to router. For redundancy usually there 2 core and 2 firewall. I was
thinking adding a transparent caching layer between core and firewall,just
adding squid box. It is okay just adding 2 independent squid box or I need
some sync between squid box ? What if I add not 2 but 6 and doing
active-active on both core n firewall? Can anybody give me insight ? Btw My
objective is to save some bandwidths from user for internet access.

Thx