[squid-users] Best malware/phishing/virus list ?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri May 8 06:40:50 UTC 2015

On 8/05/2015 6:13 p.m., Olivier CALVANO wrote:
> Are you sure ? ;)
>

> malware/phishing/virus are sent by mail sur, but it's include a URL
> and we want block on squid this type of URL

Yes. I'm sure.

* Not letting the MTA get the spam in the first place improves filter
performance immensely.

* MTA is just another client from HTTP perspective. If they are setup to
automatically fetch URLs from spam and infected emails I can guarantee
you that they are going to pull in web bugs, malware etc and increase
the spam problem. Blocklists simply cannot keep up fast enough with the
rapidly changing domain names used by malware.

* Even if you want spamassasin lists for converting into Squid lists,
the spamassasin help is the better place to be asking for them.