[squid-users] Different replacement policy for different filenames

Veiko Kukk vkukk at xvidservices.com
Thu May 7 11:16:20 UTC 2015

Hi

I'd like to apply different replacement policy for different filenames.
I have searched through the documentation and found that replacement
policy can be defined only per cache_dir[s] and squid can sort into
different cache_dir's based on file size, but not based on file name.
Maybe I have missed some of the documentation, so that is why I'm asking
here.

Is it possible to sort into cache_dir's based on filename (some regex
will do)? The result I'm trying to achieve is that certain files which
names are known, but size varies (and overlaps with other files) are
replaced with heap GDSF while all the other files are replaced with heal
LFUDA policy.

Can this be done with squid?

Best regards,
Veiko