[squid-users] 3.5.4 need more help with peek and splice and external helper

Jason Haar Jason_Haar at trimble.com
Wed May 6 23:21:32 UTC 2015

On 07/05/15 10:58, Stanford Prescott wrote:
> When I start Squid with this configuration, the helper script
> "bumphelper" gets loaded as a process along with squid and ssl_crtd.
> When I try to browse any SSL websites there is no connection and it
> times out.

The problem is that you're calling perl with the default I/O buffering
left *enabled*. You need to add "$|=1;" near the top so that perl will
flush I/O immediately - that should stop the hanging

Good use of words in your acl names - I think that really helps in
understanding just what is going on with the smoke-n-mirrors that is SSL
intercept :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Corporate Information Security Manager, Trimble Navigation Ltd.
Phone: +1 408 481 8171