[squid-users] Geolocation Vs Squid

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed May 6 12:51:35 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 06 May 2015 at 13:41, Rodrigo Lopes Mauricio wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
> Is the any know issue with squid and geolocation cookies?

I'm not familiar with geolocation services using cookies - mainly because a
cookie is something sent to your computer by the server, so the server would
have to know where you are before it could send you the cookie containing any
location information.

Geolocation normally works based on your public IP address, and linking that
to various databases of ISPs and their coverage areas.

> Every website that have some component that identify your region don't
> work here.

Can you give us an example of one you have tried and found this problem with?

> If I get off the proxy, loads ok.

Is there any difference in your outbound public IP address when you go direct,
or via the proxy?

Regards,

Antony.

--
This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this space has
nothing but text explaining that this space would otherwise have been left

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.