[squid-users] A lot of open rewriter heplers and are hanging! Squid 3.5

Ulises Nicolini ulises at vianetcon.com.ar
Mon May 4 15:35:28 UTC 2015

Hello Amos and Eliezer,

Regarding this:

 > My guess is that its been patched to cope with the action code and
 > kv-pair syntax. But not concurrency enabled. Which is mandatory on the
 > Store-ID interface.

You are right about the kv-pair syntax patch, that's exactly it. But
about concurrency, we're running Squid as a unique process. Do we need
to modify jesred in order to handle Store-ID interface? The only
modification we did to jesred is that we changed the output string that
it gives back to Squid.

About this:

 > You really sure 20 children is enough for 1200 clients? Also whenever
 > bypass on?

Is there any formula to calculate how many children should we use based
on the amount of requests per second? Or is it just try and error?

We' re getting the impresion that jesred processes are waiting for some
kind of signal to die once they're no longer necessary, ergo they just
stay there, doing nothing.

Regards,
Ulises