[squid-users] Distributed Cache Problems

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Sun May 3 17:16:22 UTC 2015

About your configs:

# Uncomment and adjust the following to add a disk cache directory.
cache_dir aufs /var/spool/squid 100 16 256

This is toy cache. Are you are serious?

cache_mem 0 KB

You completely disabled memory cache. You sure this is good idea?

maximum_object_size 16384 KB

Really? Did you see modern web objects? Simple site home page starting
from 1 Mb - without images.

Finally: You serious expects that Squid with this config will be cache any?

<hierony_milanisti at yahoo.co.id> menulis:

> Dear Fellow,I am implement a Distributed cache system (1 child Proxy,
2 parent proxy as sibling).
> in the cache peer algorithm, I use Weighted Round-Robin.
> But when I analyze the log using Squeezer, I am found that there is no
hit requestin the parent proxy.