[squid-users] How to run squidclient

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Mar 20 16:13:59 UTC 2015

On 20/03/2015 11:04 p.m., Monah Baki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running CentOS 6.6 64 bit, and need to get some information from the
> command line.
>
> Compiled squid as:
> ./configure --prefix=/home/cache --enable-follow-x-forwarded-for
> --with-large-files --enable-ssl --disable-ipv6 --enable-esi
> --enable-kill-parent-hack --enable-snmp --with-pthreads
> --with-filedescriptors=65535 --enable-cachemgr-hostname=hostname
> --enable-storeio=ufs,aufs,diskd,rock
>

> [root at ISN-PHC-Cache bin]# ./squidclient mgr:info
> HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
> Server: squid/3.5.2
> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 02:29:53 GMT
> Via: 1.1 isn-phc-cache (squid/3.5.2)
> Connection: close

Well the request is getting through to the proxy "isn-phc-cache". But
for some reason its being rejected.

You have this:

> # Only allow cachemgr access from localhost
> http_access allow localhost manager
> http_access deny manager

So it should be allowed. You are running squidclient connecting to the
default (localhost:3128) proxy server.

Use -v option to get more verbose output from squidclient about what its
doing. You can repeat the option several times to get more detailed
debug info.

The other thing to watch out for is whether ./squidclient run from that
/bin directory is the 3.5.2 version or not. If its from an older version
of Squid it wont have all the options the new ones do.