[squid-users] assertion failed: client_side.cc:1515: "connIsUsable(http->getConn())

Dan Charlesworth dan at getbusi.com
Fri Mar 20 00:07:02 UTC 2015

Well I got 3.5.2 into production for a few hours and Bad Things happened:

1) A hefty performance hit
Load average was maybe a tad higher but CPU. memory and I/O were about the same. However the system seemed to top out at around 40 requests per second (on a client that usually hits 100—150 rps) and squid became very slow to respond to squidclient requests:
[root at proxy-LS5 ~]# time squidclient -p 8080 mgr:utilization | grep client_http.requests
client_http.requests = 40.965955/sec
client_http.requests = 41.168528/sec
client_http.requests = 42.111847/sec
client_http.requests = 166646

real	0m7.163s
user	0m0.002s
sys	0m0.006s

2) Lots of Segment Violations
These obviously suck. Backtrace attached.

Just cannot win. Is it possible these two issues are due to the patch for #4206?