[squid-users] keep data after delete swap.state

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 14 13:06:46 UTC 2015

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:37:43 +1300
Amos Jeffries wrote:

> On 12/03/2015 6:15 p.m., HackXBack wrote:
> > if there is error in swap.state file and want to recreate it what
> > is the option to do that without losing data on hdd ?
>
> 1) stop Squid
> 2) manually erase the broken swap.state file(s)
> 3) run squid -z
> 4) start Squid

If you're using LRU expiry, the "LRU reference age" may well
plummet and be erratic for a while. This is because the objects get
queued in the order they are found on the disk. It will eventually sort
itself out as new and accessed object go to the back of the queue.

I mention this because the first time I saw it it worried me enough
that I ended-up deleting the cache to be on the safe side.