[squid-users] Captive Portal authentication in Intercept mode

Ashish Patil ashish.patil at shreshtait.com
Fri Mar 13 05:25:45 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to set up a Captive Portal with Squid (v.3.5.2) in Intercept
mode and SquidGuard (v.1.5) as URL rewriter. The Captive portal works off
usernames in a database, but Squid + SquidGuard work based off IP's.

The most progress I have had just says Authentication by Squid cannot be
done with Squid acting as a Intercepting Proxy. Is there some helper (even
probably in beta stage) that could help me achieve this?