[squid-users] squid "internal?" loop - with no firewall nat going on..?

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Thu Mar 12 12:52:32 UTC 2015

I'd rather not have to route everything (incl. normal ingoing web
traffic) through the squid box.. and the firewalls are proprietary stuff
- so can't install squid there :)

It works fine in accel mode.. and I can limit what urls each client ip
is able to access, and disable caching..

Shouldn't accel mode, for this use case (curl access from websites - all
using http/1.1 with host header) be good enough - or are there security
issues I am not aware of?

I realize I move the DNS lookup to the squid box - but that's actually
what I want in this case.