[squid-users] squid "internal?" loop - with no firewall nat going on..?

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Thu Mar 12 08:13:12 UTC 2015

Hi Amos,

Thank you for the walkthrough..

Instead of having to play with tproxy on haproxy currently, I figured
i'd try a simpler route..

The purpose of this setup, is to "jump around" a firewall issue with a
sh#! firewall, which in order to filter http and https traffic
appearently drops 5-15%.. and in 6 months noone has seem willing/able to
fix it :(

I've put squid directly on the 10.43.18.181 (previously haproxy) ip -
and changed to: http_port 80 intercept

I tried this on the client (being on other subnet):
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination
10.43.18.181:80

and the traffic looped in exactly the same way :(