[squid-users] Squid Reverse Proxy to Exchange 2010 OWA

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Mar 12 00:07:36 UTC 2015

On 12/03/2015 8:59 a.m., dweimer wrote:
> On 03/11/2015 1:16 am, Alex Samad wrote:
>> This is mine against 2008. haven't had any issues with attachments up
>> to 10M
>>

>> cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 443 0 proxy-only no-query no-digest
>> originserver login=PASS ssl sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER
>> sslcert=/etc/httpd/conf.d/o.crt sslkey=/etc/httpd/conf.d/o.key
>> name=webServer
>> cache_peer 10.32.69.11 parent 443 0 proxy-only no-query no-digest
>> originserver login=PASS front-end-https=on ssl
>> sslflags=DONT_VERIFY_PEER sslcert=/etc/httpd/conf.d/o.crt
>> sslkey=/etc/httpd/conf.d/o.key name=exchangeServer
>>
>> # List of acceptable URLs to send to the Exchange server
>> acl exch_url url_regex -i <o>/exchange
>> acl exch_url url_regex -i <o>/exchweb
>> acl exch_url url_regex -i <o>/public
>> acl exch_url url_regex -i <o>/owa
>> acl exch_url url_regex -i <o>/ecp
>> acl exch_url url_regex -i <o>/microsoft-server-activesync
>> acl exch_url url_regex -i <o>/rpc
>> acl exch_url url_regex -i <o>/rpcwithcert
>> acl exch_url url_regex -i <o>/exadmin
>> acl exch_url url_regex -i <o>/oab
>>
>> # Send the Exchange URLs to the Exchange server
>> cache_peer_access exchangeServer allow exch_url
>>
>> # Send everything else to the Apache
>> cache_peer_access webServer deny exch_url
>>
>> # This is to protect Squid
>> never_direct allow exch_url
>>
>> # Logging Configuration
>> redirect_rewrites_host_header off
>> cache_mem 32 MB
>> maximum_object_size_in_memory 128 KB
>> cache_log none
>> cache_store_log none
>>
>> access_log /var/log/squid/office-access.log squid
>> #access_log none
>> cache_log /var/log/squid/office-cache.log
>> #cache_log none
>> pid_filename /var/run/squid-office.pid
>>

>> # Set the hostname so that we can see Squid in the path (Optional)
>> visible_hostname <o>
>> deny_info TCP_RESET all
>>
>> # ACL - required to allow
>> #acl all src ALL
>>
>> # Allow everyone through, internal and external connections
>> http_access allow all
>> miss_access allow all
>>
>> icp_port 0
>> snmp_port 0
>>
>> via off
>>
>> On 11 March 2015 at 15:42, dweimer <dweimer at dweimer.net> wrote:
>>> We have setup Squid as a reverse proxy to Exchange 2010 OWA server we
>>> thought everything was working OK, but found out that any file
>>> attachments
>>> over 2MB cause a timeout after 5 minutes. I remembered having this
>>> issue a
>>> while back with HTTPS, and it just went away after some updates. Some
>>> searching found other users posting messages to the Squid mailing
>>> list that
>>> had this issue in particular with OWA. However I never found a fix on
>>> any of
>>> the threads.
>>>
>>> Squid is currently running 3.4.11, on FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p5, This
>>> occurs
> [...]

debug_options ALL,9 if you are using a lab setup like that with easily
repeatable test.

It could be related to the issue for which broken_posts exists, but that
directive will probably only help if Squid is aware that it has the
entire request payload.

Or it could be Squid is stuck with only 1-2 bytes of buffer space
available and waiting for the server to drain it.