[squid-users] i hope to build web Authentication portal at Tproxy environment recenty , can you give me some advisement .

johnzeng johnzeng2013 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 11 10:22:19 UTC 2015

Hello Dear all:

i hope to build web Authentication portal at Tproxy environment recenty ,

but i don't have experience about the Authentication,

Which Authentication mode will be best direction between Ldap and My sql
or other (ncsa ....) for web Athentication portal ?

my thought is :

When Http traffic pass through Tproxy bridge , if our customer isn't
Authentication user , and

Squid will prevent them and push web Authentication portal via these
ways (acl + deny info or error page ),

and our customer will start input correct acount and password via web
Authentication portal ,

if they success login , and squid will permit them to pass through
Tproxy bridge and access internet normal .

i can write web Authentication portal program via php or javascript (
jquery or node.js ) .

but if they success login,

whether php or jquery need send user ip address to squid ? otherwise i
worried whether squid can confirm user info

and how to identify and controll http traffic ?

if possible , please give me some useful link or advisement info .

Thanks .