[squid-users] squid "internal?" loop - with no firewall nat going on..?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue Mar 10 14:18:48 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 10 March 2015 at 15:09:14 (EU time), Klavs Klavsen wrote:

> so intercept mode is only used, if you actually do the nat'ing on the
> same server as squid is running..

You can do the NATting somewhere else; the important point is that the traffic
must be NATted, not direct.

> ie. I should use accel mode instead in my use case?

NO.  Accelerator mode is entirely different (from both intercept mode and
normal Squid usage).  Accelerator mode is for placing squid in front of a
specific web server (or a bunch of them, but not the entire Internet).  It is
not for enabling clients to connect to the Internet in general.

Regards,

Antony.

--
BASIC is to computer languages what Roman numerals are to arithmetic.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.